Retirement LIFE (Living in a Friendly Environment) provides a supportive, safe place to live for older people who are over the age of 60.
Some Retirement Life homes are also available to people with disabilities under the age of 60, following an assessment by the Council.
Tenants have access to a team of support officers who offer regular contact from Monday to Friday. The service is flexible which means as needs change they can alter their contact to make sure the correct support is in place for a tenant to maintain their independence.
As a tenant in BITMO’s Retirement LIFE housing, you will have:
- your own flat or bungalow
- your own self-contained space, with your own front door
- access to communal spaces including laundry rooms, gardens and lounges
- a variety of activities to take part in, including bingo and coffee mornings
- access to an emergency pendant or bracelet that is linked to a 24-hour response centre (charges apply)
To get a Retirement LIFE home in Belle Isle you need to register with Leeds Homes and use the bidding system. Full details are here.
Retirement LIFE housing in Belle Isle is mainly in two places – around Belle Isle Circus and in Broom Nook.
Support in Your Own Home
If you live independently in Belle Isle and feel isolated, our support officers can come and see you at home and carry out an assessment. The may refer you to other agencies if you need extra support. They may be able to visit you weekly if you are housebound. They can let you know about the social activities like bingo and coffee mornings in the Retirement LIFE communal areas and the activities in BITMOs GATE.
To find out more, contact BITMO on 0113 378 2188.