BITMO has a team of four caretakers and Senior Estate Caretaker Darren I’Anson. The main roles of the team are:
- Cleaning and clearing homes when tenants move out. This sometimes involves clearing gardens prior to new residents moving in.
- Minor repairs such as taps, toilet flushes and clearing blocked sinks. These must be ordered through BITMO.
- Cleaning the 3-storey blocks and maintaining their grounds. Landscaping works that include strimming works to these properties have been put on hold due to Covid 19 restrictions, however we are looking to reintroduce this maintenance service shortly.
- Litter picking and maintenance of sporty space
- Repairing and building fences. These must be ordered through BITMO.
Many landlords have replaced their caretakers with contract cleaners and repairs contractors. BITMO keeps its caretaking team as they are committed to maintaining and improving the estate, as well as doing lots of little extras that contractors often can’t do without payment.