Permissions & Responsibilities


As a council tenant, you must ask BITMO for permission for the following:

You also need to inform BITMO if you are going to leave your home for more than 28 days. Please complete the form found here and hand it in to the housing reception or email it to


Your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, as well as the Council and BITMO’s rights and responsibilities are set out in full in your tenancy agreement here

A few of your responsibilities are:

  • To pay your rent in full or to make an arrangement with BITMO and keep to it
  • To allow BITMO access to inspect your home with reasonable notice
  • To allow BITMO and its contractors to carry out repairs to your home and to carry out annual gas safety checks and five-year electrical checks
  • To allow BITMO to carry out an annual Home Visit
  • To take responsibility the behaviour of your household and visitors To dispose of your rubbish responsibly

Have a question about this page?

Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.