Since 2004 Belle Isle TMO’s mission has been: “Building a Better Future for Belle Isle”.
Belle Isle TMO has three key aims that will enable the organisation to achieve its mission. These are;
- Maintaining a well-run organisation that is led by tenants and is open, transparent and financially viable
- Provide high quality services that focus on the organisation’s key functions as well as other areas
- Build a stronger and safer community.
In addition and across everything that BITMO does developing and maintaining useful and effective partnerships and team work is a key cross cutting aim. This recognises that BITMO can lead activities and initiatives in the local area but can also contribute to initiatives and activities led by ward members and Leeds City Council, West Yorkshire Police and Voluntary Sector agencies. Belle Isle TMO collects information and feedback (indicators of success) in order to judge whether it is achieving its aims and goals.
- Maintain an organisation that is tenant led
- Be open, transparent and honest in everything we do
- Manage money and get good value for things we do
- Increase tenant satisfaction
- A quick and reliable repairs and maintenance service that gets the job done right first time
- Quality and targeted investment that maintains decent homes
- Maximise rent collected with timely intervention and support
- Effective re-letting of properties to minimise time properties are empty
- Support to those tenants who need it
- Local and responsive tenant and customer contact
- Make homes as safe and secure as possible
- Expect tenants to abide by their tenancy agreements and hold them to their responsibilities
- Support Leeds Anti-Social Behaviour Team in their local work on tackling anti-social behaviour
- Offer tenants and residents a variety of ways to get involved in their community
- Support jobs and training initiatives in Belle Isle