BITMO’s Board has made £70,000 available that individuals and groups can apply for to benefit themselves and the Belle Isle community.
The funds can pay for:
• areas of the estate that need a makeover
• training courses or qualifications that tenants and their families need help paying for
• help with redecorating costs for the over 65s
• help to sustain tenancies by buying household goods or furniture
• funds to support community groups or activities
BITMO Chief Executive Deborah Kelly stated “The fund can be used to support community projects, and to help people financially to achieve their goals. As a community-based, tenant led organisation we want to invest in the things that matter to the people who live here. We are really looking forward to seeing what comes from this and working with tenants to get their ideas off the ground.”
Grant applications will be open 1-28 February. Full details are available from the BITMO website and BITMO offices and staff from 1 February. For more information about the grants and application process further, please call BITMO’s Community & Tenant Support Managers Carla Yeomans on 07891 278423 (Monday to Wednesday only) or Peter Sutton on 07891 274237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download an application form here and return it to the BITMO office or by email by 28 February. (Form now removed)
Or you can complete this form by 28 February (online form now removed)