|BITMO’s Board has made £70,000 available that individuals and groups can apply for to benefit themselves and the Belle Isle community.
The funds can pay for:
• areas of the estate that need a makeover
• training courses or qualifications that tenants and their families need help paying for
• help with redecorating costs
• help to sustain tenancies by buying household goods or furniture for vulnerable tenants
• funds to support community groups or activities
BITMO Chief Executive Deborah Kelly stated “The fund can be used to support community projects, and to help people financially to achieve their goals. As a community-based, tenant led organisation we want to invest in the things that matter to the people who live here..”
Grant applications are open now and close on 26 August – but we encourage applications to be made as soon as possible. For more information about the grants and application process further, please call BITMO’s Community & Tenant Support Managers Carla Yeomans on 07891 278423 (Monday to Wednesday only) or Peter Sutton on 07891 274237 or email email@example.com.
You can download an application form here and return it to the BITMO office or by email by 26 August.
Your views on how we let our homes
Leeds City Council and BITMO are considering making changes to who can join the housing register and how we let our homes. This is due to the increased demand for social housing. We are considering changes so that:
- Offers are made to those in highest need.
- We make best use of available homes, particularly larger properties.
- We give realistic advice and information about who is likely to be offered a home and be re-housed.
Before we make any changes, we want to take your views into account. Visit Your Voice Leeds to read more and complete the survey.