We are asking residents who live near the old garage site on West Grange Road for their ideas on a proposal to start a community garden there. This area is used by some for dumping and fires and is not secure or supervised.
We have received a proposal to turn the site into a community garden. This would involve:
• Secure fencing around all of the site
• Limited hours, controlled by keyholders
• Use of the hardstanding area for sheds, planters and a limited amount of parking.
• Communal vegetable and flower beds, along with fruit trees and bushes
• It could be used for gardening lessons
If there is support for this idea, the next step would be to run more consultation and get designs. This would address any concerns people had about use of the garden or extra parking in the area.
At first we are asking residents who live close to the site:
• Do you support the idea of a local community garden?
• Would you be interested in attending meetings to develop plans?
• If there was a community garden, would you consider using it?
If there is support, we will open up consultation on how the site could be developed to residents from a wider area.
Please complete the form below to give your views, or you can:
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Text/WhatsApp to 07891 274237
• Call 0113 378 2190 or 07891 274237
• Come to BITMOs GATE on Thursday 7 April from 3-6pm.